if you want to try 3G then MTNL and BSNL will be the only choices for a couple of months. As the Ministry of Defence (MoD) wants keep most of the 3G spectrum for itself.
Now, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) wants to continue using a majority of spectrum available in the country despite a new secure optic fibre network being built for defence communication, reports UTVi.
At the same time, consumers waiting for private telecom operators to offer 3G services will have fewer options since the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has decided to shrink the number of 3G players up to 5 per circle, including state-owned BSNL and MTNL.
- The MoD wants to continue using 60-70 percent of the total available spectrum in the country
- This will leave very little available spectrum for telecom operations
- Defence ministry also wants an annual maintenance contract for their optic fibre network
- This optic fibre network would replace the spectrum vacated by defence forces
- MoD not inclined to release spectrum in states where it is required for 3G
Source - http://www.techtree.com
The Door to Hell
3 years ago